About the foundation.
Washington Area Women’s Foundation is a community-supported foundation that invests in the power of women and girls of color in the Washington DC region. We open doors to opportunity, safety and security through grantmaking and advocacy.
Washington Area Women’s Foundation is a community-supported foundation that invests in the power of women and girls of color across the Washington metropolitan region.
To ignite change in our community to advance gender, racial, and economic justice.
● We are constantly learning and adapt our practices to serve a changing world.
● We are honest, transparent and accountable to our community.
● We are a small but mighty collective that encourages diversity in community, thoughts and ideas.
● We practice kindness and intentionality in all we do.
Sarena serves as the first point of contact for the Foundation, providing operations, administrative and finance support to the staff.
Mercy Chikowore is responsible for executing the organization’s communications and branding strategies.
- Martine leads the Program team and The Foundation’s program strategy development.
Jennifer leads the organization in its mission, providing and implementing its strategic vision.
Sylvia provides operation and finance support to The Foundation staff.
Donna provides administrative support to the President and CEO, serving as liaison with the Board of Directors, and as office manager.
- Claudia contributes to crafting and executing program strategy and manages the Young Women’s Initiative of Washington, DC.
Goldman Sachs Office of Government Affairs
Head of Private Bank & Wealth Advisory
Silicon Valley Bank
The Maultsby Way
Senior Career Consultant
George Washington University School of Business
Vice President of Local Markets
Washington Business Journal
Vice President — Corporate Affairs and Chief Communications Officer
Graham Holdings Company
Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon,
Chevy Chase Facial Plastic Surgery, LLC
Vice President and Chief Member Officer
Executive Leadership Council
Virginia Foundation of Independent Colleges