The African American Women’s Giving Circle awards grants to organizations that:
• are located in the Washington, DC, metro-area, and serve African American women and girls who live, work or study in Washington, DC, metro area;
• are led by an African American woman at either the board or staff level;
• demonstrate innovative and promising approaches to addressing the social and economic obstacles that are barriers to success for African American women and girls;
• use both a gender lens and an African American cultural lens to frame effective strategies and create valuable opportunities for African American women and girls; and
• have a sound mission and objectives for the organization’s impact.