Washington Area Women’s Foundation has been the home to the Early Care and Education Funders Collaborative (ECEFC) since 2008. This month, the ECEFC is excited to announce the awardees for its 13th year funding together!
The ECEFC is a collaborative investment model with 11 current members, including The Women’s Foundation, that pool dollars and make collective grant decisions toward early education systems change in the Washington, DC metropolitan region. For the past few years, the ECEFC has focused on supporting the leadership and advancement of the largely women of color and immigrant women early education workforce.
“The ECEFC allows us to meet the needs of our association without us having to fit into a set box,” said Diane Volcansek, Executive Director of Northern Virginia Association for the Education of Young Children. Diane added that the ECEFC’s giving process is “supportive and intentional. They really get to know us, and then trust us to use the funding in the way that is best for us.”
The ECEFC is proud to invest $351,000 in the following organizations during 2022:
- DC Action
- DC Association for the Education of Young Children
- DC Family Child Care Association
- DC Fiscal Policy Institute
- Identity, Inc.
- Maryland State Family Child Care Association
- Multicultural Spanish Speaking Provider Association
- Nonprofit Montgomery and Montgomery Moving Forward
- Prince George’s Child Resource Center
- Northern Virginia Association for the Education of Young Children
- SPACEs In Action
Collectively, and with other partners, these organizations are working to ensure the voices of early educators are at decision-making tables related to the early education industry and workforce.